Sunday, September 30, 2007

My client (and friend) said my organizing job was a amazing!

It seemed like a miracle! In a mere 4 hours of working together with Dorothy (name changed--I keep my clients confidential for their privacy unless I get permission), we transformed a cluttered backroom into a completely cleared area that is ready to be a craft room and more organized storage area. This was really important to her because of several reasons. First, she was tired of having all the clutter draining her life energy--and the dust was affecting her negatively, too. She could hardly even go into the room without having a reaction.

Second, she really needed this area cleared because she and her partner are putting a house up for sale, and they need to get all the stuff out so it can be cleaned and put on the market. This space, and a space we ended up clearing out in the storage shed, will be big enough to put all the stuff. Plus we put a table in the room for crafts--and now the table at the house can be brought in to replace the other table.

It was really great to see the transformation. One of my strengths is being able to take things off people's hands. My husband and I have a homestead in the country (an eco-village in the making) and we can use a lot of stuff in our resource yard, and our building projects. So I was happy to take a lot of stuff off of her hands, at no charge! A win-win situation.

I also was able to support her when she got emotional and overwhelmed. At one point she was crying. I am so glad I have skills in non-violent communication--so I was able to just be present and offer some empathic listening. She was able to move through the difficult time and continue to work on the project.

I felt so pleased when her whole family trooped in after a busy day of errands and soccor games and such--and they viewed our handiwork. They were happy. I got some great hugs and words of encouragement. I felt really satisfied to contribute to their well being.

I hope that you will give me a chance to help you organize your life!

No comments: